SOCIAL MEDIA/COMMUNICATIONS – INTERN POSITION
Bader Philanthropies, Inc. seeks a Social Media/Communications Intern who will assist with the Foundation’s social media and communications activities. This is a part-time, in-office, paid position (a one-year commitment is requested), offering an excellent opportunity to gain a thorough background in communications as it relates to philanthropy.
Social Media/Communications and General Office Activities:
- Works with Communications Coordinator on Foundation’s social media and communications plan as well as various public relations projects in presenting and disseminating Foundation themes, resources and information in a way that best informs the general public and media about the Foundation’s work in the community;
- Writes content, posts and surfs on social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In, Foundation blogs, etc.) to promote Bader Philanthropies events, grantees and stories;
- Updates website content and photos on WordPress;
- Generates monthly e-newsletter using basic HTML;
- Produces videos, infographics and presentations for Foundation events;
- Designs and schedules public messages on Watchfire to display on a monument LED sign;
- Creates invitations, brochures, flyers and print ads for special events using Constant Contact, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign;
- Monitors print, TV online media coverage on issues relevant to Foundation’s program areas and grantees;
- Reports website and social media analytics on a quarterly and annual basis;
- Participates in office reception coverage rotation — greets guests and receives incoming calls.
- High School degree required, current enrollment in a bachelor’s degree communications or related program
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with particular strength in interpersonal communications
- Computer graphics skills
- Interest in a future career in journalism and/or public relations, particularly in the non-profit arena
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Professional demeanor, ability to work with a diverse group of people, both independently and as part of a team.
Send following items to Kim Thao, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover Letter: Please detail why you want to intern at Bader Philanthropies, your internship objectives and your career goals. Please also indicate your availability (start date, end date, days and hours you are available).
- Résumé: Please list your complete educational and professional data and information about extracurricular activities.
- Writing Sample: Please enclose a 1-3 page writing sample.
Milwaukee-based Bader Philanthropies, Inc. is a philanthropic leader in improving the quality of life of the diverse global communities in which it works. The organization funds innovative projects and programs, convenes partners, and shares knowledge to affect emerging issues in key areas. Since its founding in 1992 as the Helen Bader Foundation, the organization has committed more than $375 million in grants and program-related investments, such as loans, loan guarantees, credit enhancements and equity investments that advance its charitable mission.